In this article, we will learn How to Create macOS Monterey Bootable USB on Windows. Windows OS doesn’t support DMG files natively either, so if you want to Create macOS Monterey Bootable USB on Windows, you will need some 3rd-party software.
How to Create macOS Monterey Bootable USB on Windows: Step by Step Guide
Step 1: Download required files
- macOS Monterey DMG file for a clean installation. Download here.
- USB Drive with mimumim 8 GB storage space.
- DMG Editor
Step 2: Create Mac OS Monterey Bootable USB Installer from DMG
Android Phonesoft DMG Editor is a powerful software for Windows that will allow you to Create macOS Monterey Bootable USB on Windows using a DMG file. Its interface is streamlined and can be used to view files and extract them for previewing.
The DMG Editor is a powerful tool that’s available for Windows (100% Free). You can download it directly by clicking the link below.
1. Download and Install DMG Editor on your Windows.
2. Once installed, double-click the application file to start. Open up the Burn application and click on the Burn section. You will also see different modules such as Edit and Extract.
3. Click on the “Browse” button and select the DMG file.
4. Click the “Burn” button on the bottom of the window to start writing DMG files to macOS Monterey Bootable USB. This starts displaying a progress bar, and you need to wait for it to finish. It usually takes 20 minutes, but if your file is too big, it might take longer.
5. In a few moments, your macOS Monterey Bootable USB will be ready for use.
6. Once this is done, you can use the USB to install macOS Monterey on your MAC by using your startup BIOS. All you need to do is start your machine using this USB at startup.
I hope this guide on how to create macOS Monterey Bootable USB on Windows was helpful. If you face any issues, you can comment below.